Visit our volunteer tab to sign up for our 2023 Free Lunch Program! We need all the help we can get to make this the best year yet!
GOLD LEVEL Recognition
WOW! We’ve been named one of this year’s Child Hunger Heroes by Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank!
We’ve received GOLD LEVEL recognition for our 2022 Summer Lunch Program in the 11 county area!
THANK YOU to program managers Beth McIntyre and Patty Parkhill, and our amazing volunteers.
Learn more about Child Hunger Heroes here bit.ly/2022-CHH
North Hills Cares was given our second Silver Award on a NATIONAL level for our summer lunch program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Turnip the Beet! program.
There were 85 programs recognized as gold or silver nationwide, and we were one of only FOUR in Pennsylvania.
Read more here https://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/turnip-the-beet
We have so much to celebrate!
2022 was an amazing year for North Hills Cares. Here are just a few of the incredible things we’ve accomplished together:
• Served 8,000 free summer meals to kids, bringing our three-year total to over 41,000 meals!
• Received the Gold Award for summer feeding programs in our 16-county area.
• Received a NATIONAL silver award for our summer lunch program through the USDA.
• Provided Thanksgiving groceries to over 60 families in partnership with North Hills Christian Church.
• Facilitated our 5th Annual Community of Music event, bringing together over 300 student musicians from five different school districts.
• Provided a week’s worth of groceries to 60 families to cover the holiday school break.
THANK YOU to each and every person who volunteered, donated, and/or spread the word about our mission in 2022. We couldn’t do it without your help.